Summer Camp 2013
- What is included in each themed week?
- Who can attend?
- What does camp cost?
- When is the weekly summer camp payment due?
- When is the daily summer camp payment due?
- What if I forget to pay at drop off?
- Can I pay ahead of time and get a discount?
- What if my plans for that week have changed?
- What if my child is only there part of the week they signed up for?
- My rising 7th grade child has been coming to Union Cross for years…can’t they stay this year?
- I have been bringing my child here to camp for years why the change in payment requirements?
- Who is responsible for my child while I’m away?
- Where do you go if there is a tornado warning?
- What if there is no time to prepare to go to the church?
- Will you be closed for 4th of July?
- My child has a toy they want to bring to the center – can they?
- Do I have to pack a lunch for my child everyday?
- How do I know what field trips my child will be going on that week?
- Childcare: 55 available hours – we are open M-F from 7am to 6pm
- Food; 2 healthy snacks per day – Am served around 9:00 and Pm around 3:00
- We plan it, shop for it, prepare it and serve it – so no worries -just pack them a good lunch
- Field Trips: We have a ton of fieldtrips planned. Each week our kids will be having fun, learning, exploring and experiencing cool places in the Triad and surrounding communities.
- Arts/Crafts & Games: Each day the children will have opportunities to do arts/crafts and games that have been chosen based on the theme of the week.
- Our program is created for the elementary level age group. Rising KinderRarten through rising 6″1 grade
There are 2 options to choose from:
- Weekly – $125.00 per week and $115 for each sibling per week
- Daily – $30.00 a day and $25.00 per day per sibling
One-time summer registration fee per family: $30.00
- In order for your child to attend camp the weekly rate of $125.00 must be paid in full on Monday morning at drop off. Cash or Check.
- If you have signed up for Daily payment on a particular week; the $30.00 is due in full at am drop off that day. Cash or check.
- If the camp has not been paid for your child may not attend camp. Unfortunately, if a child is dropped off without payment we will call you to pick up your child immediately. We hope and pray this will never have to happen.
- Yes – we offer a 10% discount on the total due per week to those that want to save some bucks and pay ahead. Did you know some even start paying ahead now? You don’t have to wait to pay for camp if it is easier for you. As long as the camp is paid for by the time the child arrives you are good to go! I will keep the records up to date so let me know if you are making a summer camp payment or your monthly before/afterschool payment. (Please do not take a discount if you don’t pay ahead.. .that is just awkward to have to ask for a balance on a payment)
- We get that… plans do change. And if Aunt Marge is inviting you to go to her cabin free of charge for a week.. .how can you say no??? But wait you already prepaid for summer camp.. .no worries, please give the director a week’s advance notice (this gives us time to change reservations for fieldtrips, food purchases and scheduling) we will put your money towards the next camp your child has signed up for. We don’t give refunds, but we do give credit.
- We do not pro-rate weeks or give partial credit for missed days during camp. If you need to utilize the daily rate you need to do so ahead of time before the week of camp begins. Again, for fieldtrip reservation, food purchases and scheduling it is all done in advance based on how many children will be attending that week.
- Unfortunately no, we are not set up to meet the physical/emotional or social needs of rising 7th graders, they will have phased out of the program this year. They will be missed. They are a great bunch of kids!
- Unfortunately, we have had problems in the past collecting money after camp was underway. In most cases we never did receive payment. As we are a non-profit, we do not have the front money to prepay for the food, field trips, transportation and staff for the care of your child. We appreciate your understanding and your grace in this matter.
- We are blessed with a low camper to counselor ratio. This summer we have 3 full time staff members: Director: Jolene Cote, Assistant Director: Megan Gaskins and Jack Reich a long time staff/Union Cross church member. We also have 4 part-time staff members: Luke, Casey, Khristy and Kendall.
- In the event that there is a tornado warning in our area or a surrounding county (and we have time to take precautionary measures) we will bring the children and all their stuff over to the church. The children will watch a movie in fellowship hall (this keeps them calm and distracted) as the staff keeps up with the weather and watching out the windows. If there is a sign that further safety measures need to be taken, we will bring the children into the church basement. The door to the basement is located right before the entrance to fellowship hall.
- We have already discussed and drilled with the children in the event that the staff has minimal time to react to a pending tornado, the children will go into the bathrooms all together with the staff members. We will practice from time to time. We hope and pray that this will never ever be needed.
- Yes, because the 4th falls on a Thursday we will be closed on Friday the 5th as well. This allows our staff to travel a bit with their own families this summer. The cost to send your child on M-W that week is only $75.
- Yes. (We will test this system out and is subject to change) They may bring in any appropriate toys they wish; except Electronics. With the understanding that it their toy. If it gets LOST, STOLEN OR BROKEN, the center is not responsible for it. The child must also understand that if they bring it in, it needs to be shared with EVERYONE not just who they want to share it with. No trading, it comes in and goes out with the same person. Please make sure they are very clear on all these matters. Even if you give them the ok to bring an electronic toy such as an Ipod/DS etc. they will not be allowed to use it. Please keep them at home where it is safer.
- Yes, send in lunch each day – pack it well! These critters work up quite an appetite. Limit sugar and load up on protein, fruits and veggies. Please refrain from sending in soda or sugar drinks. (Please no heating of food) Why? Because if 5 kids each bring something that takes 3 or 4 minutes to heat your child will be stuck waiting for microwave time while everyone else is eating. I saw it happen last summer, it was not fun. We have plenty of cold storage.
- Each week we will post the comings and goings of the center, including times and needs for the trip such as sneakers or bathing suit, etc. This will be located in the parent center behind the entry door. Please check frequently for any changes.